New little Ninjas

Very recently, I have had a visit to my class from two new little boys, we usually take children from the age of 5 as those that are 3 and 4 years old do not have the coordination to attempt some of our moves with success and we want them to be successful at them.  One of the boys has just turned 6 , but his younger brother is only 4 1/2.  So you may wonder why we allowed him to come to class.  There is one thing to say about younger siblings, they cotton on so much faster!  

The mum of the two young ninjas, as that is what they are :),has decided to bring them to class twice a week.  The older boy unfortunately was ill on the first session so did not join in, but at his first session two days later, he was full of enthusiasm and gusto!  The younger boy has tried really hard to concentrate for the whole hour, I do my best at keeping the children moving, as too much sitting down does mean they get bored.

Today is the fourth session for the 4 1/2 year old, so I think I will be getting my stickers out for that, and for his big brother.  Now I am going to have to get him to do a low block today, as it is low block badge month, I really do hope he gets the hang of it as I can start to sell the badge at the end of the month.  I am a big believer is the 3 'C's, Co-ordination, Control and Confidence, once you are old enough, they become the 3 'S', Self-Control, Self-Confidence and Self-Co-ordination (ok I have made that up, but it lends itself to it with the others)

Today I am also providing holiday cover for the class and I am hoping it is a good session with lots of fun, there may be enough people to play a couple of games today as well!

So good luck to my new little ninjas!

Comments

Popular Posts